Accounts Assistant - 12 Hours Per Week Increasing to 26
This is a super Accounts Assistant position! If you are looking for a role where your hard work will be appreciated, and you will be working within a supportive team within an International Company who are going from strength - then please read on!......
My client is looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant, who will play a key role in finance team, of their Engineering business.
This Family owned business has continued growth year on year, their employees are proud to be part of such a great organisation and have a huge amount of job satisfaction.
As the Accounts Assistant you will report directly to the Company Secretary. You must be comfortable working in a team but also on your own. The main focus of this role will be inputting data into Sage Line 50 Accounts Professional and producing monthly management accounts reports.
You will either have a book keeping qualification or several years’ experience as an Accounts Assistant.
Accounts Assistant - Duties include:
- Maintaining Sales and Purchase Daybooks in Excel, inputting sales and purchase invoices into Sage Accounts and balancing daybooks.
- Ensuring that all sales invoice numbers are accounted for.
- Maintaining Cashbook in Excel particularly relating to credit card sales.
- Allocating customer receipts and supplier payments within the Sage Accounting package.
- Maintaining Petty Cash Book, including income from cash sales and posting to Sage.
- Ensuring entries have the correct VAT code, monthly balancing of VAT, preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns and payments to HMRC.
- Preparing and producing monthly management accounts to provide information for management.
- Producing monthly Aged Debtors and Aged Creditors reports, investigating anomalies and correcting.
- Completing month end reconciliations relating to bank accounts, customers and suppliers.
- Managing Year End procedures and producing Year End accounts.
- Producing monthly payroll using Sage including posting journals, HMRC returns and auto-enrolment.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Introducing control systems within the accounting function as the company develops.
- Ad hoc accounting and administration duties as required.
- Booking keeping qualifications or experience in a similar position
- Sage / Sage line 50 experience
- Confident user of excel;
- Confident in the use of word
This is a super opportunity for someone who wants to get established with a global organisation and increase hours as the job develop.