First Line Manager
Grow Further, Grow Faster. Grow with TJX!
You’ve probably heard of TK Maxx, but you might not know that behind the brand is TJX. We’re the world’s leading off-price fashion retailer. And thanks to our non-stop growth, we have global sales of over $33. billion and a team of more than 235,000 Associates. At the heart of this success is our flourishing network of Distribution Centre.
It's set to grow fast which means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to shine and develop your career. We’re expecting to handle over 52 million units in 2018 alone. To put it in perspective, that’s over 1.2 million products every single week.
· Be responsible for the control of the workflow and organisation of associates to ensure that the standards of performance, attendance, quality and conduct are met
· Plan and organise resources within the team, influencing the Shift Operations Manager appropriately, to ensure daily targets are met
· Develop and monitor all associates within their department, including probationary reviews and monthly and annual appraisals to develop a high performing team
· Develop and support your direct reports and coach them to up-skill their staff to build high performing teams
· Recognise talented individuals and nurture, develop and coach them to ensure future succession
· Conduct regular team briefing sessions to deliver company information and to receive feedback from the team to foster team spirit and build morale
· Maintain consistency and continuous improvement in results through an analysis of work methodology and an appropriate coaching style
· Implement 'Best Standard Practice' and controls to minimise shrink to accepted location targets
· Complete and monitor all reports and data to a high standard of accuracy
· Ensure good housekeeping standards are met and maintained in line with responsibilities under the H&S plan
· Assist with recruitment to the appropriate level of resource to meet business needs
· Experience of working in a fast paced target driven and managing 1-2 team leaders / supervisors / lead operatives and a headcounts of 15 + operatives is required
· Ability to engage, motivate and influence to deliver results through your team
· Ability to complete multi tasks whilst continually driving for results
· Ability to adept well to change and support others through change
· Ability to clearly communicate at all levels, both verbally and written
· Problem solving skills
· Experience with prioritising work efficiently, setting and achieving measurable daily targets and working within set budgets
· Experience with sickness, absence and performance management
· Basic coaching skills
· Basic knowledge about disciplinary procedures
· Basic computer literacy
· Willing to work rotating shifts
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open-door policy and supportive work we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable U.S. state and local law.