Buyer / Procurement / Purchasing / Category Management / Strategic Sourcing / Contract negotiation / Vendor management
West Midlands location - Walsall
Are you a buyer or procurement specialist looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking for a business that by the nature of what they do operates with dynamism, pace and complexity? Are you finding yourself craving a broader remit where your buying role incorporates contract and vendor management, strategic sourcing and category ownership?
If so, then an exciting opportunity has arisen within just such an organisation based in Walsall, West Midlands.
This organisation are looking for a motivated buyer to join their procurement function with a view to assisting the Procurement Manager run an efficient and sustainable purchasing operation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Buying across a range of categories
- Assisting with creating and strategic sourcing activities
- Understanding and leading tender processes through writing, negotiation, and follow-ups
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Constantly strive to hit targets through cost saving initiatives
- Lead, manage, and develop a variety of projects where required
- Negotiate and manage relationships with suppliers
- Complete vendor appraisals
- Work in line with the Contracts & Procurement Policy
- Manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strive to consistently reduce cost through strategy while maintaining/increasing business efficiency
- Essential administration using Microsoft Excel
The successful candidatewill have:
- At least 3 years buying/procurement experience
- CIPS qualifications, or working towards, are highly advantageous
- Experience with and understanding of contracts and tender processes
- Strong and effective negotiation skills
- The ability to engage with and influence a variety of stake-holders
- An enjoyment of working to target driven
- An ability to multitask
- Computer literacy - strong Microsoft Excel skills
- An open minded viewpoint (i.e. accepting of change, and ability to think outside the box)
So, does this role sound like the ideal new challenge you've been searching for? Do you want to join a company where your knowledge and skill-set can have a real influence and positive impact? An organisation where you're supported, valued, and encouraged?
If yes, then get in touch!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.