An enthusiastic Legal Assistant is sought by an award-winning law firm to join their Debt Recovery team based in Leamington Spa. The firm has been providing advice to their business and individual clients for nearly two centuries across a diverse range of sectors.
The Debt Recovery team has significant experience in recovering debts on behalf of banks, financial and insurance institutions, corporates, retailers, SMEs and individual traders.
As a Legal Assistant you will be responsible for the collection of debts of varying value due to the firm's clients from customers and companies either through a process of negotiation and agreement or through the court system. You will learn how to issue county court claims and how to deal with all aspects of the claim through to securing judgement.
You will gain experience in enforcement methods and procedures including Charging Orders, Orders for Sale, Attachment of Earnings, Warrants of Execution and Writ of Fi Fa. Further you will also be exposed to personal and corporate insolvency also paying attention to statutory demands, awareness of bankruptcy and winding up procedures.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working as part of a team to process a high volume of litigation cases within set SLA's
- Dealing with a high volume of telephone calls with debtors, third parties and the firm's Agents
- An ability to negotiate outcomes which maximise recovery levels for our clients within the regulatory requirements of the FCA
- Accepting instructions and processing them with both efficiency and a high degree of accuracy in line with the CPR and the SRA
- Progression of files through each legal milestone to conclusion or up to the point they may become defended or complex matters
- Managing deadlines, and keeping on top of key critical dates and targets
- Ability to achieve all set Key Performance Indicators in relation to Recoveries, Quality, Billing and Productivity targets
The successful Legal Assistant will demonstrate:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy through all work
- Experience of using a debt collection case management system
- Computer literate and have excellent IT skills
- Applicants will be required to complete a credit and DBS check at interview stage.
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience of litigation and debt recovery
- An understanding of the debt recovery litigation processes from issuing a claim to enforcement methods
- Awareness of both litigation and debt collection rules and regulations (including FCA, Civil Procedure Rules, DPA and Ofcom)
- £15,000 salary, rising to £16,000 after probation
- 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays)
- Bonus scheme
- Training and development
- Healthcare scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- On-site restaurant
- Active social committee
- Free on-site car parking
- Childcare vouchers.
- Working hours 9am to 5:30pm; Monday to Friday.
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£15,00 (rising to £16,000) + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81826764