Interim Health & Safety Manager - Manufacturing
Are you a skilled and personable Health & Safety Manager, who is adept at building rapport at all levels and readily able to break down legislation and processes to make them relevant to the party concerned, thereby gaining their understanding and buy-in to their importance?
Do you have experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment that includes a busy machine shop floor and a paint/coating process?
If so and you are available to complete an interim, fixed-term contract of 3 Months, this could prove an interesting opportunity.
The company have experienced significant levels of growth and invested heavily in production processes to streamline and speed them up. This has transformed the organisation and increased capability considerably, but equally, with employees that have been in-situ for many years being trained on new processes/machinery, new employees and a number of temporary workers, assuring an understanding of Health & Safety is an ever-evolving process.
For this reason, we seek a hands-on Health & Safety manager who has exceptional communication skills and is as comfortable out on the shop floor as in an office.
- Reporting directly to the Site Manager and Group Manager, you will control, manage and monitor Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- You will utilise your exceptional communication skills and persuasive nature to raise the profile of Health & Safety across all functions within the site
- You will advise Colleagues and Visitors of all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
- You will take ownership of managing and developing all health and safety procedures, processes and deliver a dynamic safety culture, with the objective of ensuring the safest possible working environment.
- You will ensure the continued compliance with all statutory regulations, permits, customer specific requirements and certified standards
- Proven experience of a Health & Safety Management role, within the Manufacturing Industry (Machined product)
- NEBOSH Qualification
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to build rapport at all levels
- A hands-on, positive approach to promoting Health & Safety
- Good levels of I.T literacy & diligence in record keeping
This is an interim contract to cover a period of sick leave and an urgent requirement. Initially a 3-month fixed term contract, there is the possibility that this will be extended.