Lecturer in Theatrical Media Makeup & Special Effects
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with another college to form a Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified, experienced and highly motivated Lecturer with significant make up and special effects experience to join our client's successful team.
You will be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 (ideally to level 4), and will have significant industrial experience as a beauty / make up specialist. The TAQA for Assessors / Internal Verifier or equivalent qualification is desirable. You must also have a recognised teaching qualification or willingness to undertake one.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- To teach on the agreed courses.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials, writing schemes of work and mentoring.
- Monitor retention, achievement and success rates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a relevant qualification ideally to level 4 or equivalent.
- Has or is willing to train for an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Has relevant commercial or industrial experience.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Theatrical Make up & Special Effects, please go to and select 'Apply' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 5th July 2018 with interviews to be held on 12th July 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.