Are you an experienced Process Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer who is well versed in translating design & manufacturing drawings and able to develop Radan Programs for CNC Machines?
Do you have exceptional communication skills and the ability to draw information and influence others in pursuit of the most efficient manufacturing route?
Would you welcome the opportunity to build upon this knowledge within an Internationally operative, well established manufacturing firm who continue to experience exciting levels of growth?
Offering a diverse and inclusive culture, this company are committed to offering their 800+ employees a fulfilling career suited to their skills and ambitions, with plenty of support and opportunity to take up training and development activities that will enhance their potential.
Over the last 50 years, the business has built up an enviable reputation for innovation, quality and technical leadership. Their on-going investment in modern manufacturing facilities and processes continues to ensure they provide high-quality, value-engineered solutions to each and every customer.
Provide accurate manufacturing information to the production teams for a wide range of products that aids first time manufacture of customer requirements.
- To understand and interpret design and manufacturing drawings.
- Convert 2D AutoCaD details into 3D Inventor Models and produce a set of manufacturing drawings.
- Produce detailed and accurate BoMs within the ERP System.
- Lean line balancing, Cycle time studies, Value-add analysis, Yamazumi Charts, Value stream mapping and the implementation of these
- Produce Radan Programs for CNC machines.
- Produce Packing Specifications for SOP/Transport Departments.
- Understand and apply system type specifications to drawings i.e. tolerances.
- Understand machine set ups and capabilities.
- Collate information from customer requirement and pre-plan accordingly, ensuring the most effective manufacturing process/route.
- Interact with other areas of the business to make decisions on design for manufacture.
- Make conscientious decisions on engineering products out for manufacture.
- Recent experience in a similar position
- A working knowledge of Lean line balancing, cycle time studies & value stream mapping - ideally having implemented these within a previous role
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to actively search out missing information
- High levels of motivation & flexibility - able to readily adapt to change
- Good standard of education/levels of numeracy & literacy
- Attention to detail - focusing on quality and exceeding customer expectations
- A willingness to take part in training and commitment to self-development in support of own role and career