An experienced Maintenance Manager is sought by a global player within the automotive sector who is committed to getting things precisely right since the start. It's how they create superior products for their customers and their end-consumers. And it's why, in just over 30 years of partnering with automakers, they are the leader in the $70 billion automotive seating industry - with nearly double the global market share of their closest competitor.
Due to their continuing success our client is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Manager (known formally within the business as Maintenance Coordinator) who can deliver a fast and efficient service to the plant. To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate a career of continuous development within engineering and be able to lead a team of skilled engineers to meet the demands of the business.
Reporting directly to the site Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Manager will lead a team of multi-skilled Maintenance Technicians and have responsibility for maintenance and facilities across the site including production machinery and site infrastructure. This role involves providing technical knowledge, direction and support to ensure plant metrics and company standards are met at all times.
- Promoting and ensuring safe working practices at all times.
- Ensuring legislative compliance (safety and environmental).
- Ensure internal system compliance.
- Managing and controlling all maintenance activities on site.
- Planning and overseeing all aspects of plant development.
- Responsible for the training and development plan for the existing cross functional maintenance team.
- Liaising with the shift senior technicians to manage weekly work schedules, PPM activities and project plans.
- Oversee the use of CMMS to manage downtime and critical spares.
- Preparing forecasts and managing budgets for assigned activities.
- Identifying key areas for improvement, cost reduction and improved overall efficiency.
- Liaising with professional bodies and managing sub-contractors.
- Producing KPIs and using these to effect improvements.
- Working with plant manufacturing engineer on NPI projects to deliver any new equipment on time and on budget.
- Support other plant departments in line with plant 3 year strategy plan.
- In addition to the above mentioned responsibilities, other activities and duties may be individually defined.
- HNC/Degree Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working as part of a maintenance team in a fast moving manufacturing environment preferably automotive JIT
- Working knowledge of PLCs (AB and Siemens) and understanding of industrial IT and network systems
- Strong problem solving and fault finding capability
- Demonstrates innovation in decision making, change management, and continuous improvement activities
- Strong leadership and team management to bring about effective change.
- Enthusiastic and motivated, results orientated
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable ability to coach team members
- Methodical in approach
- Calm under pressure
- NEBOSH / IOSH preferable
- Able to effectively organize and prioritise multiple tasks and be self-directing
Burton on Trent, Staffordshire
Excellent Salary + benefits