My client is a major player in the technology integration space. They are currently recruiting for a talented software developer to join their team.
About the Role
My client is looking for someone who has great all round software development skills and who wants to work on projects delivering critical services to millions of users every day. You'll be using your broad software development experience to deliver new requirements and on-going support for a complex SCADA system controlling equipment at the heart of Britain's rail network.
You'll be expected to contribute in all areas of the software development lifecycle, including development to meet new requirements, developing fixes for operational systems and ensuring the support team have the software they need to ensure the system delivers on challenging reliability targets.
You need to show strong attention to detail, good communication skills and an ability to understand complex software from a user perspective.
- Experience with Codra Panorama or other SCADA systems
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of OPC or OPC UA
- High level SQL server skills, including knowledge of SQL Server Broker.
- Experience with Backbone JS or Angular application frameworks
- Good Windows platform knowledge, including Active Directory, Windows Security and Windows Services.
- Demonstrable all-round software development skills for a Windows environment including coding ability in C# & VBScript.
- Experience of working with SQL Server databases including knowledge of Entity Framework and LINQ.
- Experience in WPF development
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support