Service Manager ( Engineering)
Our innovative and progressive client are looking for an experienced Service Manager to ensure the smooth running of the whole Technical Services Department.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be competent in the following areas: -
Core Responsibilities: -
- Coordinating and directing projects
- Integrating all technical activities - including purchasing of parts and equipment
- Analysing resource and market demands to plan and assess client projects
- Over viewing efficiency of processes, and making recommendations for improvements
- Planning and directing installations, testing operation and repair of equipment
- Recruitment of team members, whilst also providing regular appraisals
- Work closely with both Manufacturers & Wholesalers when purchasing parts.
- Liaising with existing customers and developing new business, overviewing service contracts both existing and new and quoting to gain more business.
- Working closely with the other divisions within the business, assisting with emergency work if required and managing the warranties of exclusive product range.
Skills and Attributes: -
- Proven history of being able to manage a team of both internal (coordinators) and external (engineers) ensuring they work efficiently and are customer focused.
- Hands on and commercially aware approach
- Appreciate & understand the needs of the market sector by way of service cover.
- Ability to Identifying areas for increasing service engineers and actively recruiting
- Proven ability to work closely with service partners ensuring efficient working practices are in place.
- IT competent.
- Strong work ethic, and a positive approach
Working hours 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
If you have management experience gained within a technical environment and are keen to work proactively in a unique and progressive business, please forward your CV for immediate consideration or feel free to call to discuss in more detail.