Junior Building Surveyor
Junior Building Surveyor
Competitive+ Company Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our growing team in Nuneaton
You will report directly into the Senior Management Surveyor, your role will be to deal with interim and terminal schedules of dilapidations, store closures, complex management and building related issues, assisting with maintenance of the asbestos register and general estates/asset management work including third party insurance claims.
Your day to day responsibilities include;
- Working alongside other surveyors and senior surveyors within the estates team reporting directly to the Senior Management Surveyor.
- Dealing with interim and terminal schedules of dilapidations in a timely manner, including or managing party wall issues, Insurance claims, landlord notices to repair and negotiating cash settlements where commercially economical for the business.
- Management of strip out, dilapidations, project or insurance works on time and within budget.
- Preparation of schedules of works and specifications relating to trading stores and works to be carried out prior to lease expiry or disposal.
- Assisting with the ongoing management of the asbestos register.
- Ensuring the ability to trade the retail premises via effective asset and property management of more complex building related issues. Liaising with the Facilities Management team to ensure that issues that are the landlord's responsibility are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Build effective relationships with internal colleagues and external consultants both at the support centre, and also in the field, from store manager level right up to the divisional managers.
- Maintain professional relationships with peers in the industry to ensure best results for the business.
- Ensure relevant working schedules and databases are up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Ensure the correct processes are being implemented at all times personally and within the wider estates team.
The ideal candidate would be a member of the RICS in the relevant field or a surveyor/graduate working towards becoming a member of the RICS via the APC. Client side (retailer) experience preferred but not essential.
The estates team at Holland & Barrett is a fast paced environment where we encourage and support each other working as a team. We work hard and celebrate success in equal measure.
For the right candidate there is a competitive package (dependent on experience) including an annual bonus, car allowance, 25% store discount, generous annual leave entitlement, on-site gym, subsidised canteen, subsidised nursery (coming soon) and free on site car parking. There is opportunity for remote working as the need arises, after-all work life balance is important to us all.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???