Trainee Maintenance Technician
Trainee Maintenance Technician - Coventry - GBP20,000 - GBP25,000 + Benefits
Our client, an internationally recognised retailer and logistics business is seeking applications for a Trainee Maintenance person based on their Coventry site close to the airport. The successful candidate will be working in their busy distribution centre supporting and maintaining vital distribution related equipment. This will include (but won't be limited to) fixing automatic conveyor belts, parcel closing machines, strapping and packaging machines, air cushion and carton erecting machines. There will also be other generalised day to day and ad hoc building maintenance tasks.
Although this is a trainee position, some level of technical knowledge and capability must be demonstrated to apply for the post. You will also have some kind of technical qualification in order to be considered.
The successful candidate will assist in the repair and maintenance of distribution centre specific equipment. Previous experience in a Warehouse Environment isn't essential but would be considered a big advantage.
Experience / knowledge Required
- Good technical knowledge across either mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience using hand tools
- Attention to detail
- General engineering affinity to build, repair and modify needed equipment in a timely manner
- Create and sustain maintenance schedules
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solver
- IT affinity to cover IT operator absence
- The ability to speak Polish (this is not an essential requirement)