Customer Telesales Advisor
Are you looking for a permanent, Customer Service role based in Walsall? The Midcounties Cooperative Energy are expanding their team, we are looking for hard working and customer focused colleagues wanting to join us at a very exciting time!
As a Cooperative Energy Customer Telesales Advisor you will be receiving and making calls from & to customers interested in domestic gas and electricity products alongside providing a seamless customer journey for customers moving in and out of properties supplied by Co-Operative Energy.
You will be advising customers about the process of switching energy suppliers with a view to retaining their business, taking payments, completing change of occupier requests and meeting targets set by the business.
You will expertly handle objections, promote the benefits of Cooperative Energy and close or retain the sale.
You will have a self-confident, friendly and professional manner and also have recent telesales experience,with experience of making outgoing sales calls to consumers and an ability to meet set targets.
Location will be either of our Walsall offices, however, occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society.
- To answer incoming calls and make outgoing calls that will be either sales enquiries or change of occupier enquiries from both new & existing customers via the telephone
- To fulfil the required number of customer sales as determined by the business
- To consistently achieve the targets set by the business, including productivity and utilisation
- To fulfil the required number of change of occupiers as determined by the business & call volumes
- Ensure that responsibility for bill payment is established & recorded on any move in/out in order to facilitate payment of any credit or recovery of outstanding balances on accounts
- Identify outstanding balances when closing accounts & facilitate & process payment of those balances
- Complete retention activity as determined by the business
- To accurately record data ensuring successful conversion of calls into new customers
- To be knowledgeable in Cooperative Energy products and services in order to promote, advise and sell during customer interactions
- Maintain effective and up to date customer contact records
- Continue to develop your knowledge of the energy industry
- Ensure high levels of productivity and efficiency
- Takes personal responsibility for outputs and accuracy levels
- To fulfil the requirements of and work within the regulatory requirements of external bodies.
- To regularly report back to the team manager
- To be knowledgeable in competitor propositions and tariffs
- Attend team meetings and training as required
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work
- A flexible approach to the role will be needed as the business and the team grows and new business opportunities arise
Working a full time 37.5 hour week, candidates will need to be flexible and able to work between the hours 8am - 8pm on a three week rota working one Saturday every three weeks.
Early -8am - 9:30pm
Mid - 9:30am - 6pm, Saturday 9am-4pm
Late - 11:30am-8pm
If you are looking for employment within a customer service environment - we would love to hear from you!