Commercial Finance Manager
The Collision & Coatings division of Euro Car Parts Ltd (‘ECP’) supplies paint, consumables and collision parts to the motor trade.
The Finance team within the Collision & Coatings division of ECP is responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial affairs of the division. It’s responsible for the provision of complete and accurate information to Channel management, ECP Management Accounts’ team and ECP Board on inter alia all sales, margin and overhead matters for the Collision & Coatings Channel.
The division has an annual turnover of c. £175 million and a full-time equivalent staff complement of c. 150 staff.
- To assist in the co-ordination and compilation of the Division’s annual sales, margin and overhead budgets, which will include inter alia regular meetings with Sales and Procurement teams to ensure all sales and margin budgets are accurately analysed, calculated and reported.
- To assist in the coordination and compilation of regular sales and margin forecasts – frequency and period to be determined by Channel management and Company requirements.
- To produce the Daily flash Sales and Margin reports to management and report on any significant variances.
- To assist the Finance team in analysing and providing information to assist with the monitoring and improvement of margin.
- To assist the Finance team in helping the Sales team and Key Account Managers roll out company margin improvement initiatives such as streamlining core-product lists.
- To assist in the evaluation of customer investment (or advance rebate) deals by checking the credit worthiness and assumptions included in submitted investment calculators ensuring accuracy, the correct rate of return and consistency with the draft Supply Agreement.
- To be responsible for the control and management of the sales team’s bonus scheme entitlements, timely provision of accruals to Management Accounts team and submission of authorised payment details to Payroll.
- To be responsible for the compilation, control and submission of monthly margin support claims to suppliers.
- To be responsible for signing off customer retained rebate invoices and to review all such monthly rebates prior to submission to the ECP management accounts team.
- To assist the sales team with the management of ad hoc key accounts such as McLaren.
- To provide IT solutions in streamlining the collection, monitoring and issue of data reports using software such as Kerridge (K8), Qlikview and Excel.
- To maintain all reports in an easily accessible format and location.
- To work with the Sales and Business Development teams in reviewing existing work referral contracts, reporting requirements and new business developments.
- To liaise with internal and external auditors as and when required.
- To attend regular management meetings on financial matters relating to sales, margin, rebates, overheads and associated reporting.
- To assist the Finance team and ECP Management Accounts team in the production of the monthly management accounts and year-end financial statements.
- To deputise for the Divisional Finance Director during periods of annual leave etc.
- To deal with day-to-day issues associated with the Central Finance team’s Purchase and Sales Ledgers. This will include regular review of matters such as aged debt and supplier settlement discounts.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The job-holder is expected to possess a professional accountancy qualification and have at least two years’ PQE. They are required to have good analytical skills, be numerate, commercially astute, IT literate, well organised, possess good communication skills and most importantly be able to prioritise.
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer;
- A highly competitive salary
- Genuine career progression
- Holiday discounts with cashback
- Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
- Up to 20% discounts for various high street retailers
- Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3000 gyms in the UK