Mechanical Design Engineer
We are recruiting an Interim Mechanical Design Engineer role to work with a Global Manufacturing company based in Staffordshire. After a sustained period of growth internationally and a number of exciting projects due to launch, this position is looking for candidate's who have experience in sheet metal structural design, have worked on projects simultaneously and a strong background in Mechanical design.
Our Client is a market leading global Manufacturing company based in Staffordshire. With international reach and multiple sites across the globe, this role offers the chance to join a global market leader. Given the size and scope of the business added to significant opportunities throughout, my client is now due to embark on a number of exciting Projects with extra resource needed in their Design department.
Reporting directly into the Design Manager. This role will look to support and influence colleagues whilst driving product development strategy across all levels.
- Take Engineering brief from concept and develop the product into the Production phrase
- Champion projects by liaising with other members of the team to drive innovation
- Execute analysis and calculations and drive product development improvements
- Analyse cost implications and make recommendations for full component life cycle
- Work cross functional with other teams at different stages of the project
- Take responsibility for the design and development of subsystem
- Engineering degree qualified- HNC would be suitable
- Strong sheet metal experience, preferably from a heavy industrial background
- Powertrain experience would be an advantage
- Proven experience in working in cross functional project teams
- Strong exposure to delivering presentations to all levels
GBP30 per hour