Job Title (Ref:18971): Design Engineer
Type of Role: Permanent - Full Time
Location: West Midlands County
Base Salary: £24k-£32k
Electrical/Mechanical component manufacturer with 100 employees approximately.
41 hours per week
Mon - Thurs 8am-4.30pm, Friday 8am-1pm + 4 hours flexible working
- Responsibility for new product design to meet specification, conform with the relevant product standards and market costs.
Responsibilities of the Role include but are not limited to:
- Capability in translating a written specification into a product design and have a good familiarity of electrical product application
- CAD input design
- Handling BOM issues
- Assisting the product development & testing needs of design programs
- Fitting in with the design team and design function to be fully active of design projects, advising re improvement and ways of accelerating the program and decreasing costs
- Upholding design documentation in accordance with internal design standards
- BS/IEC products standards and keeping uptodate with any changes
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering & relevant design engineering experience. (3D CAD)
- Candidates that have undergone an apprenticeship and then taken a design role for a minimum of 3 years are also to be considered. (3D CAD)
- Candidates need to have a good understanding of manufacturing, processes and procedures.
- Small mechanism design experience essential- for examples, door handle mechanism or white goods lid latching mechanism on kettle or washing machine door interlock or lawn mower operating assemblies.
- Plastic molding or sheet metal component design & manufacturing experience is an advantage
- Solidedge is a benefit.
Please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81818569