An exciting opportunity to join the central team of a well respected multi-academy trust, supporting community schools
They are seeking someone to lead a team providing the financial accounting and statutory reporting function to our trust.
They are a growing trust, currently operating in 3 hubs in North Warwickshire & Tamworth, Warwick & Stratford-upon Avon and in Telford. The central team is located in Tamworth and this is the normal place of work for most of our centrally employed staff. They are working across three local authority areas in the Midlands, currently have 15 academies in their Trust, employ over 1,250 staff and are responsible for educating about 7,000 young people.
These Ensure That The Schools In Our Trust Are
Our trust is a values driven organisation, believing fundamentally in the talent of young people and is driven to ensure local communities have exceptional schools. Directors have set strategic objectives for the trust.
- Focused on achieving outstanding academic, personal and social outcomes for the children
- Committed to the moral imperative of community school improvement and shared system leadership.
- Mutually supportive, not in competition with each and are fiercely loyal to each other
- Equal partners with all other schools irrespective of their phase, size or successes.
- Multi academy trust minded - our schools celebrate the success of others as well as themselves and share accountabilities
- Financially disciplined and committed to fulfilling their delegated responsibilities to the best of their abilities under a robust governance arrangement
You Will Be a Good Accountant With
- A good understanding of financial accounting and reporting
- An understanding of public sector or charity reporting
- Willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for working in the education sector, although you do not need to be currently employed in the sector
- Ability to lead a team and work with colleagues in both the central team and across our schools
- A strong sense of probity and able to ensure compliance from others
- Good communication skills, professional and confidential.