Reporting into Payroll Manager
- Input/importing of payroll data, setting up new starters, calculating payments, running reports, printing/uploading payslips and submitting RTI data to HMRC.
- Processing payments to client employees via BACS.
- Proactive in keeping up to date with latest payroll legislation through CIPP membership, courses and general research. In particular, with the introduction of Auto-Enrolment.
- Speaking with customers on the phone and/or face to face and with the ability to field calls and deal with any possible issues.
- Liaise with internal departments, external offices, Partners/Directors, Managers and Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work alone and in a team.
- Be bright and enthusiastic.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Be proactive and flexible approach.
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Have a willingness and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Experience of the STAR Payroll software desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically word and excel.
- Knowledge and experience of Auto Enrolment.
- Understanding of all Statutory Payments including Shared Parental pay and leave.
- A good understanding of IT.
- Ideally from a payroll bureau environment or practice.
If you are interested to finding out more about this role please click the apply button.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.