Trainee Applications Support Analyst EDI/ SAP/ 2nd line
Trainee 2nd Line / 2nd Line Support / Trainee Analyst / Application Support / Crystal Reports / SQL / Manufacturing / EDI / SAP / Wintel / Market Drayton / Shropshire / Commutable from Stoke, Crewe, Wrexham, Stafford
Our client, a leading manufacturing business require a Trainee Application Support Analyst to join the team in Market Drayton. Salary up to £23,000 with extensive training provided to develop your skills.
As the Trainee Application Support Analyst you will be investigating, troubleshooting and resolving incidents and requests as well as application queries. The business is a committed to training and developing people through coaching and mentoring to offer you a platform to develop your career.
- To manage incidents and escalations through to resolution
- To manage high priority and major incidents for applications such as Crystal Reporting, Warehouse and Transport Management Systems, EDI and SAP.
- To provide IT testing of new applications or any enhancements to existing applications.
- To provide out of hours support for major incidents on a rotating on call basis.
- To maintain support documentation.
- To drive implementation of fixes / process improvements.
- To liaise with internal 3rd line analysts and external 3rd parties to ensure resolution of incidents according to agreed SLA's
- To manage ad-hoc project work as and when required
- Excellent problem-solving skills in a logical and methodical manner.
- The ability to learn new principles across a wide range of applications.
- Show an understanding of IT systems and applications and how they can support business process.
- Experience using service desk incident maintenance applications desirable.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to retrieve and analyse data.
As this is a Trainee 2nd Line Application support role, ideally you will be a degree educated or equivalent looking for a career in IT with a focus on Application Support. You will be provided in-depth training on the in-House applications and general IT skills as you grow with the team.
Salary up to £23,000 and dependent on your experience