PROJECT ENGINEER - CONVEYORS
Our client specialise in the innovation, design and manufacture of aluminium and stainless steel equipment for a wide range of industries including food, pharmaceutical, veterinary and medical.
This employment opportunity is to join the sales/projects team within a fast growing mechanical handling division, who are market leaders in the design & manufacture of feed systems and bulk handling equipment for the food industry.
As a Project Engineer the successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Working closely with the Project Manager on Conveyor projects to identify and progress customer enquiries and develop customer relationships.
* Visit customer sites to discuss, asses & identify their requirements.
* Work cross departmentally to ensure product delivery is to product specification, on budget and in line with the project plan.
* Contract & specification review, attending contract review meetings supporting customers throughout the product life cycle
The successful candidate will have the following skill sets:
* HNC/HND+ Qualified in a Mechanical Engineering qualification
* Conveyor design or installation experience
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings is essential
* Excellent IT and communication skills
* Good working experience of project management
* High level of attention to detail
* Willingness to research and take engineering decisions
* Hold full UK driving licence
* Willing to work occasional unsociable hours or overtime to meet business needs
The truly exceptional candidate will possess drive, self-motivation and sound business acumen.
Salary is negotiable
This role would suit a project engineer / design engineer / installation engineer from within the conveyor/materials handling industry, ideally used to working in the food industry.