Design Engineer, West Midlands
Our client is the UK’s largest specialist cold roll-forming business who have created a strong brand providing outstanding products for the Construction and Manufacturing industries.
This team, within the wider group, provides lightweight, fast track galvanized steel building solutions which are assembled by the team on site. The steel applications are mainly used as infill and partition walling as well as load bearing structures.
You will be required to work as part of the dynamic design team of this market leading lightweight structural system.
•The ideal Design Engineer candidate would have between 3 to 5 years’ experience working with BS5950, BS6399, BS8110, BS5628, BS5268 or alternatively a working knowledge of Eurocodes, especially 1 & 3 would be an advantage
•Working towards chartered status or already chartered through the IStructE or ICE
•Structural design of a variety of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel with knowledge or experience in light gauge steel being an advantage
•Have commercial awareness
•Be familiar with AutoCad (knowledge of Revit would be an advantage)
•Have the ability to form good working relationships with customers
•Be well organised, self-motivated, professional and able to work under pressure
•Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
•Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
•Attention to detail, accuracy and mathematical analysis
•Must be eligible to work in the UK
Key Design Engineer Responsibilities:
1. Management of projects through the design and drawing office.
2. Design of medium rise building structures and secondary structural support systems.
3. Clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers.
4. Provide technical support and advice to the group of Area Sales Managers including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues.
5. Represent the Company at Design Team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK.
Competitive salary, Company Pension Scheme, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and 33 days
To learn more about this exciting opportunity with this superb company and chance to progress, please contact Heather McCulloch at Talent Reach on .