A leading manufacturing company based in Rowley Regis require an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their busy team, experience of PLC's required for this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Ensure that equipment is in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new arts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Liaising with other engineering and production colleagues
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
- Use the CMMS system to log all machine downtime data
- Maintain the engineering stores system
- First Line reactive maintenance
Desirable Personal Attributes
- Experience of PLC's, preferably Siemans S5 and Alan Bradley RS Logix
- Knowledge of Laser welding and Blanking Lines
- Knowledge of Profibus and other networks, understanding of invertor and DC Drives
- Robotic and Servo Drive Experience
- Good communication and motivation skills, can do attitude, committed to get the job done
The position will be working on a 3 shift pattern.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81427837