Building Control Officer
Job Type: Contract, 4 Months
Hours: Part Time (15 hrs)
Job Summary: To provide a comprehensive Building Control Service to our customers and ensure that their building works comply with the Building Regulations.
To administer and enforce the Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Able to deal with the public in a polite, impartial and helpful manner.
- Able to work effectively and reliably as part of a team and to accept team decisions.
- Good communication skills with a range of people inside and outside the organisation.
- Good IT skills including word processing, spreadsheets preferably Microsoft Office, email, use of the intranet and internet
- Able to plan tasks and meet deadlines/targets.
- Able to pacify aggressive or difficult customers and respond in a positive, tactful and professional manner.
- Able to maintain accurate records
- Able to manage effectively a rapidly changing workload
- Able to be flexible in responding to a broad range of duties.
- Experience of dealing with the public in potential confrontational situations.
- Experience of administrative functions including record keeping
- A recognised qualification in building control or equivalent is preferable
- Post will require CRB check at an appropriate level
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81362056