Head of People
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of People to ensure that our people resources are efficiently aligned behind our priorities and values, based at our Head Office in Coventry. This is a full time permanent position and you will be rewarded with a salary of GBP65,975 per annum plus car allowance GBP6,456.
We will be flexible with the location of the role, although our current Head Office is in Coventry and the successful candidate will be expected to travel between our locations when necessary.
The responsibilities of our Head of People will include:-
- To lead on the development and implementation of the Charity's People Strategy which is integral to the achievement of our Corporate Plan.
- Lead the HR, Recruitment, Payroll, Organisational Development and Training and Development functions to maximise the potential of our workforce and support the achievement of the Charity's goals.
- Act as the organisation's expert on change management; guide and support managers at all levels on the implementation of change.
- Develop strategies and champion initiatives which ensure the achievement of our two key people targets - staff engagement and staff retention.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve HR business partnering and people management practice.
- Lead on the development and embedding of ExtraCare's culture and support the desire to capture our staff and volunteers' innovative ideas.
- Act as HR Business Partner to the Board and Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
- Ensure the provision of an effective HR business partner service to directorates in order to support the achievement of our Corporate Plan targets and Commitments
- Develop succession planning and talent management strategies and initiatives, in line with our equality and diversity policy, which increase employee retention and maximise the potential of our workforce
- Develop appropriate people measures across the organisation which enables the ELT to monitor the impact of our People Strategy and highlight those areas where strategic focus is required in order to best support delivery of our mission and vision.
- Lead on the evaluation of employee engagement measured on at least an annual basis.
- Lead on equality and diversity, developing the personality, culture and profile of ExtraCare to attract the best people into roles.
- Ensure the development of people policies and related systems and practice that support our culture, reflect our mission and values and are fully implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Devise and support flexible working practices amongst our staff which maximise engagement.
- Lead on the development of a consistent pay and reward approach. Lead on the annual pay review proposals and other initiatives that ensure rewards are appropriate to attract the best talent, whilst remaining affordable.
- Lead on organisational development ensuring that we develop the right culture, structure, skills and competencies to meet the needs of the charity with roles and attitudes aligned.
- Ensure that ExtraCare operates within all regulatory guidance, statutory and legislative requirements.
- Accountability for the achievement of budgets within the function.
We are looking for our Head of People to have the following skills/experience:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to act as the organisation's professional thought leader, with the passion and gravitas to challenge and influence the thoughts and actions of senior managers and the Board.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering organisational results through people management practice.
- Broad and deep experience in developing and leading organisational change programmes.
- Understands the commercial, social and economic factors relevant to the organisation and the Corporate Plan and can create and adapt people strategies to respond to these.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- MCIPD or FCIPD qualification and evidence of continuous professional development.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of HR legislation.
- Track record in recruiting, developing and managing an HR team in a multi-site environment with broad technical experience in: People management, Talent management and development, Leadership, Change management, Resourcing, Performance and reward, Employee engagement, Employee relations, Organisational development
- Sets high standards personally and for the team with strong analytical skills to think in a logical manner.
- Ability to identify and act upon opportunities and to motivate others during times of change.
- Pro-actively seeks ways for new HR initiatives to deliver value to the charity.
ExtraCare is a registered charity established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Our vision is better lives for older people and our mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it's needed. To deliver our vision and mission we essentially do three things:
- We develop new villages
- We operate villages and schemes
- We support our villages, schemes and our 'extra-care' model through fundraising, advocacy and research
Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to our residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Our Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living at our each of our location.
Closing date for applications: 31 st May 2018
This Head of People post is subject to receipt of two satisfactory references, medical clearance, DBS disclosure, and Home Office Right to Work clearance.
If you have the skills and experience required to be our Head of People then apply today!
We look forward to receiving your application.