Maintenance Engineer Tamworth, Staffordshire
To cGBP30k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client has been established for more than four decades and specialise in the manufacture and distribution of an array of market leading products allied to their niche technical sector, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic multi skilled Maintenance Engineer to complement their highly motivated and professional team.
Based in Tamworth and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful Maintenance Engineer candidate will be responsible for ensuring machinery and equipment runs smoothly and reliably by undertaking both planned preventative and reactive breakdown maintenance and the repair of a range of plant and equipment.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging Maintenance Engineer role will include (but not be limited to):
- Undertaking PPM and reactive call outs to breakdowns and ensuring minimal equipment downtime within agreed timescales, diagnosing faults and repairing equipment whilst supporting other team members and mentoring junior staff
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings as required whilst ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation at all times.
- Creating maintenance procedures and associated accurate paperwork and reports
- Ensuring best practice is followed in all aspects of the role.
- Working to 5s standards and promoting lean standards to other colleagues.
- Challenging current processes and looking to continually improve all areas
- Involvement in ongoing Kaizen / Continuous Improvement events.
- Communicating effectively with all colleagues and sharing knowledge and ideas and identifying training that would improve both individuals and the business as a whole
- Promoting and ensuring a safe working environment and contributing to H&S requirements across the business as a whole
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be a qualified electrician with demonstrable experience gained within a fast-paced manufacturing environment with the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures. Whilst an appreciation of robotic cells would prove distinctly advantageous, essentially the successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is able to work under pressure both autonomously and as part of a team with excellent communication skills at all levels.
With proven problem-solving skills and commitment to the identification, implementation and sustainment of continuous improvement activities within a busy manufacturing environment, this is an exceptional opportunity for a suitably motivated and experience Maintenance Engineer to progress their career within a dynamic and professional environment.
Contact the Maintenance Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on or email your cv in the strictest confidence to for further details.