We are currently recruiting in our IT Department for a SQL Developer. You will be responsible for design, development and management of high quality, efficient and effective solutions in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Integration Services and related tools to support a number of large scale data migration projects. You will also provide database performance-tuning expertise for internal and third party systems primarily using Microsoft SQL Server and a small proportion on MySQL DB instances and provide technical knowhow on projects, working with 3rd parties to understand how their software API's support data migration.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* To deliver a robust, testable repeatable framework of jobs and scripts for migrating data and producing reconciliation reports to confirm success / failure.
* To work within a professional, dynamic and creative agile development team to support delivery of a major program of change that will bring sufficient business benefit.
* To be responsible for defining technical requirements, working with non-technical members of the team.
* To design, develop and maintain appropriately scaled, effective solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activity.
* To ensure design and development take into account all requirements.
* To work with 3rd party suppliers to understand their software API's and integrate them with your solutions to load and extract data.
* To identify and solve performance bottlenecks in SQL Server database platforms.
* To manage MS SQL Server database environments that support data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments.
* To ensure that only approved technologies are used when developing systems.
* To provide support for your solutions, including analysis, issue tracking and resolution.
* To report progress on development and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion and identify remedial action to keep the project on track.
* To demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time managements and task prioritisation.
Key skills & experience
* Excellent working knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of MS SQL Server 2012 R2, with experience in using SQL Server 2000 onwards an advantage.
* SQL Developer with excellent T-SQL and experience of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) and knowledge of SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS) an advantage.
* Good experience of large scale data migration projects with multiple data sources and familiar with Extract-Transform-Load patterns and processes.
* Strong background in data modelling, management and manipulation, code management and version control.
* Experience of Data Warehousing implementations ideally follow Kimball methodology.
* More than 5 years' experience of SQL programming.
* In depth experience of performance-tuning SQL Server database code and environments.
* Abe to understand business requirements and develop SQL Server solutions that work within the technical boundaries.
* Capable of reasoning through problems and developing desired solutions.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Experience of the full software development life cycle including design, testing, deployment, and documentation and support activities.
* Relevant University qualification and/or appropriate Microsoft certification.
* Knowledge of Visual Studio and experience of C# programming would be an advantage.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81355485