Principal Design Manager
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Principal Design Manager
Sanctuary House, Worcester
£45,843 per annum (rising to £48,256 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
As Principal Design Manger you will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and monitoring of Sanctuary’s Construction Design and Management (CDM) systems and procedures. The successful candidate must be confident, articulate and adept at managing multiple priorities and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders.
The role of Principal Design Manager will include:
- Ensuring all stages of building and refurbishment projects are compliant with current CDM regulations
- Providing regular, high quality reports to senior management. Identifying areas for improvement and making proposals to address shortfalls in delivery
- Developing and maintaining up to date knowledge of current and developing CDM legislation
- Effectively building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers by identifying shortfalls in service delivery and ensuring they are dealt with appropriately
Skills and experiences:
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Yellow Card and a NEBOSH Construction Certificate is essential
- Proven experience within a CDM advisory role, ideally within ‘fit out’ or refurbishment
- Comprehensive knowledge of CDM regulations, legislation and current practice
- Previous experience of producing quality compliance and regulatory documents
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and build rapport effectively
- Due to the nature of the role, frequent travel will be required therefore a full, current driving licence and access to a vehicle would be desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday (plus public holidays) rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.