Management Development Manager
The purpose of this role is to partner with all stakeholders within the company to drive performance through management development initiatives. Reporting into the Head of L&D you have line management responsibilities for 2 Management Development trainers with the UK and Ireland. The role will be based within our SSC offices in Nuneaton where you will be an integral part of the senior People team
- Design and deliver management development programmes to support the capability of all field management
- Design and deliver training interventions focusing on management capabilities for SSC
- Support the delivery of the apprenticeship programme ensuring maximum ROI
- Manage the relationship with external providers engaged to provide management development programmes
- Line Manage 2 Management Development Trainers
- Partners with the People Services team across the SSC and Retail Groups to assess the development needs, perform gap analysis, design and implement programmes, that build required skills and capabilities
- Create or purchase, implement and execute development programmes that support the talent process aligned with business goals and deliver a clear ROI
- Plan, deliver and evaluate key learning initiatives designed to improve our capability and promote a culture of continuous improvement across the group
- Demonstrable track record of leading management development solutions across a multi-site retail business.
- Demonstrable success in building credibility with senior stakeholders within a growing international retail organisation
- Experience of implementing large, multi-layered management development programmes
- A self-starter approach, excellent influencer, networker and stakeholder management skills
- Holds a training or teaching certificate (desired).
- Experience in an L&D role delivering and developing training resources (essential).
- A sound knowledge of L&D theory, future developments and best practice
- English & Maths GCSE Grades A-C.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to stand up and deliver to a group through to a wider audience.
- Excellent p.c. skills including Microsoft word, excel and power-point. Ability to utilise technology to aid learning
- Approachable, personable and can develop good working relationships from a junior level through to senior management.
- Qualified in a range of psychometric solutions (desirable)
- The role will require travel to site across UK and Ireland. International travel may occasionally be required.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…