Responsible Weld Coordinator
Coordinate with departmental interfaces (manufacturing, engineering, etc) the approval and creation of weld maps, weld audits, weld inspection and review and control of welder certification.
* Assess customer documents and technical specifications to identify and communicate Weld QA/QC requirements.
* Define, develop, maintain and improve ANL welding processes and standards so that welding performance is enhanced across the project lifecycle and customer/regulatory requirements are fulfilled
* To support bids and establish processes which enhance design for manufacture associated with welding activities
* To establish and operate, with the Operational QC Manager, welding governance systems which include Management audits, Gemba walks, welding inspection, NDT arrangements, KPIs and monthly reporting.
* To develop competency and ensure that the SQEP of the welding teams across ANL is maintained so that customer and regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
* To establish and control subcontractor approval activities associated with welding.
* To support ANL functional Management by providing functional welding expertise on investigations, training, process development etc.
* To support the Operational Quality Control Manager being involved in improvement projects aimed at enhancing Welding Quality Assurance within ANL.
Interpret nuclear industry and customer specific welding standards and define actions which ensure compliance.
Development, verification of welding documentation, including weld maps, welding history sheets, welding procedure specifications, welder qualifications, NDT procedures sheets, route cards, Project Quality plans etc. in relation to welding requirements and activities.
Definition of preferred welding methods.
Maintenance of customer relationships and customer approval of welding procedures
Liaise with customer Quality Assurance and inspection representatives
Involvement in selection of welding equipment and methods
Work with the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre on standards and best practice solutions.
Analysis of Lessons Learnt (weld related) and deployment of preventive actions across new projects.
Provide necessary Welding/NDT expertise and support to ITT/Bid Reviews and Associated QHSE Bid/Estimate submission
Provide necessary expertise and support to Design Reviews and provide feedback on Welding/NDT related Design Codes, LFE, Design For Manufacture issues, Weld/NDT Inspection & Test capability issues, required Quality Planning/Arrangements
Provide necessary expertise and daily operational input to audit and review of Welding/NDT quality arrangements.
Provide input for monthly welding reports as required by Senior Management Team
Maintain welder qualifications and qualify welders as necessary to suit project needs.
Train, coach and enhance welding competency across operations, engineering and quality functions.
Development and delivery of training in welding processes / standards
Provide necessary Welding/NDT expertise and support to verification at source (Supplier Product inspection, Documentation reviews, Witness inspections)
Provide Welding/NDT expertise and support in the production of Investigation reports, Non-Conformity Reports and Change control.
Contribute to other operational quality and business system activities to ensure continuing compliance to ISO9001, 14001, and other applicable standards, both legal and customer specific:
* Internal audits of welding processes and customer requirements
* Assistance in process problem solving, internal non-conformance control, root cause analysis and investigation
* Conducting preventive and corrective actions by quality awareness activities and initiatives.
* Assuring corrective actions arising from internal audit or operational non-conformances (defect occurrence), customer or 3rd party audits, etc., are carried through, are effective and closed out. (NCRs)
Useful Information For Applicants:
* A good influencer, somebody who is able to work effectively with cross functional colleagues and customers to achieve business goals.
* A self-starter, highly QA motivated: takes the initiative and able to work with minimum supervision.
* Technically competent and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems and implement changes as required.
* Minimum 3-5 years background experience in Quality Engineering ideally from nuclear, aerospace, oil and gas engineering and manufacturing sectors
* Certified Welding Engineer, Recognised Welding Qualification: CSWIP 3.1 (minimum) CSWIP 3.2 (Desirable)
Your future in Nuclear. Specialising in the design and manufacture of bespoke engineering solutions for the nuclear energy, nuclear decommissioning and defence markets, our client is a key player. They design, engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, commission and install, as well as offering ongoing specialist support services. They are a core subsidiary of a global Italian group that operates in over 90 countries and is Italy's largest supplier, installer and service provider in this sector.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960577203