Cognitive Stimulation Group Support Volunteer
Cognitive stimulation therapy (CST) is a recommended therapy based on stimulating activities and exercises in a group. People find this helps memory and communication. CST Maintenance sessions are additional sessions for people who have already attended CST and include a wide variety of themed activities to help participants maintain any possible benefits.
We are looking for a volunteer to help support CST maintenance sessions at Rising Brook Fire Station in Stafford, which will take place fortnightly on Thursdays starting from 14 th June 2018.
- Helping to set up the room before the session
- Preparing and distributing refreshments
- Talking to people with dementia who attend the group
- Supporting the CST Group Facilitator by encouraging client participation in the session
- Helping to tidy away after the session
This role will suit you if you...
- Have knowledge of, or a willingness to learn about, dementia and its impact on people.
- You have the ability to show empathy, be calm and supportive.
- You have excellent listening and communication skills.
- You have the ability to be punctual and reliable.
- You have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality
- You are willing to attend support and training sessions
- Are committed to inclusion, treating people from all backgrounds with dignity
The impact you'll make...
You will be assisting the CST Group Facilitator to provide a structured, stimulating and fun programme of activities, designed to improve wellbeing and confidence for people with dementia.
Information about the application process
Step 1: Pre-application: Input your details including name and email address to register your interest. Alzheimer's Society will use this information to send you future volunteer opportunity alerts if you opt to receive them, and to keep in contact with you about your application. By submitting this information you are indicating that you agree to this.
Step 2: Opportunity Alerts: Optional sign up for information on future vacancies at the Society
Step 3: Download and complete a registration form
If you have any questions or need more information about this role please contact Hayley Page by calling or emailing
How to apply
Register your details and send your completed Volunteer Registration Form to Hayley Page at or post to Alzheimer's Society, Unit 4, Hollies Court, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1DB.