CMM Programmer / Quality Engineer
An experienced CMM Programmer/Quality Engineer is required for an exciting new business that is building a brand new facility near Southam in Warwickshire. Our client is a leading component designer, manufacturer and supplier, specialising in the machining and assembly of a number of product ranges for the compressor market.
This flagship project will be committed to building a cutting-edge manufacturing facility with the creation of over 75 jobs. With a total investment of £65m this development is the coming together of the UK's most innovative R&D Compressor Technology company and one of largest manufacturers in the UK to spearhead a new wave of precision manufacturing.
As the CMM Programmer/Quality Engineer you will be reporting directly to the Quality Manager to support, grow and continuously improve the manufacture of world class products. This role will be a critical team leader in developing new methods of checking and validation of internal components to drawings specifications. You will be working very closely with the Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing teams to influence the Design for Manufacture on existing products and NPI.
Your duties and responsibilities for this critical role will include the following:
- Programme CMM machines for various components.
- Capable of using more traditional checking equipment, height gauges, micrometers, verniers, gauging (hard & electronic) etc.
- Understand & interpret 2D drawings and models.
- Control & influence quality procedures.
- Be the hands on part of the NPI / design team introduction.
- Work closely with engineering during 1st off to production.
- Support the production team on a day to day basis to ensure timely delivery of customer expectations.
- Support the machining cells on real time problem resolution and quality issues.
- Be proactive in the recommendation of new or improved quality techniques.
- Identify waist and define methods of reduction within the process to allow continual improvement.
To be considered for this CNC Programmer/Development Engineer position we will be seeking an individual with the following experience:
- A proven track record within quality department / role.
- CMM Programming & setting up of new checking processes.
- Able to read and interpret 2D drawings and models.
- A good knowledge of castings.
- A good knowledge of machining.
- Good communication skills.
- 1st off inspection & reporting.
- Familiar with Quality Systems / PPAP & Environmental Issues.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an organisation right at the start of a journey that will allow individuals to develop their careers at the forefront of engineering technology. Ideally our client would like to see applications from individuals that have a recognised technical apprenticeship, HNC level equivalent qualification in manufacturing engineering or time served industry experience. CMM programming experience and a Quality department background would be required. We would also expect a proficient knowledge in the use of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
In return our client can offer a competitive salary up to £40,000pa dependent on experience, contributory pension, death in service and a total 33 days holiday per annum. The working hours for this role will be 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 12.30pm on Fridays.
If you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail then please call Les Hines on or send your CV .