Business Analyst, Warwick
telent Business Analyst, Warwick
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Previous experience of delivering a successful applications project using Oracle Ebusiness Suite with experience of Supply Chain, Purchase to Pay and Logistics processes.
* An in-depth understanding of how business's processes operate.
* Technical knowledge and experience of configuring Ebusiness Suite modules, ideally including Warehouse Management, MSCA, Order Management, Projects, Procurement and Inventory
* Excellent understanding of business applications and software development process (including traditional and Agile methodologies).
* To demonstrate an active interest in keeping an upto date knowledge of applications.
* Ability to write clear requirement's specifications and business cases, in particular possess a good sense of logical structure and sequencing of deliverables.
* Process Mapping (familiarity with common tools such as Visio or Nimbus).
* Excellent communication skills, including active listening to elicit requirements and presentation skills to explain solutions.
* Experience and understanding of the project lifecycle and roles and responsibilities.
* To liaise with the telent business units to deliver application solutions to meet their requirements - in particular using Oracle eBusiness Suite.
* To provide support to the business units to enable them to effectively use their applications - which includes the development / deployment of new Business Processes and Application Training / Work Instructions as required to facilitate this.
* To advise the telent business managers on the most effective use of applications to support their business processes.
* To work closely with the business managers and their teams to document their business's ICT requirements and translate them into technical requirements which can be delivered by ICT.
* To maintain a strong understanding of how the business operates and assist the business in developing their processes, by providing creative suggestions which can then be taken forward and implemented.
* To build a portfolio of knowledge to enable the business units to maintain sufficient knowledge and understanding of how their applications operate so that the knowledge is transferred to new members of their teams.
* To participate in ICT projects as the Business Analyst taking direction from the Project Manager and working with the other team members to deliver the project requirements.
* Provide the technical input into the ICT development teams so that they can develop solutions.
* To undertake the configuration of Ebusiness Suite modulessystems to support new requirements.
* To develop the testing strategy and specific System/UAT tests, and then manage the testing processes with ICT and the business, to ensure that new applications successfully pass System Test, Performance Tests and User Acceptance Testing.
* To manage the data setup for new applications and the migration of data from existing applications.
* Having developed and tested a new Application / Enhancement, provide the necessary direction behind how that change is taken live (including liaising with the Business in discussing timelines for deploying the change, Business readiness etc).
* Undertake other activities associated with application development & support, maintaining a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned.
* Prepare communications and make presentations on applications strategy and system enhancements and/or alternatives.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* A computing, technical or business degree or equivalent experience.
* Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
* Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
* Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
* Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.