Project Manager / Engineer
My client a specialist manufacturer based in Telford, who can rightly claim to be a global leader in their field seek to recruit a Project Manager / Engineer. Working within the projects department you will provide complete project management of automation systems from receipt of order / contract to final acceptance at customer location.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Start (receipt of order) to finish (final acceptance on site) responsibility for given projects,
- Providing the direct link role between company and customer.
- Providing the direct link role between sales department and internal functions.
- Progressing of Engineering, Operation's and Customer support department to ensure project objectives are being achieved.
- Responsible for customer project review meetings and objectives.
- Responsible for achievement of factory acceptance tests.
- Responsible for achievement of onsite installation and final acceptance.
- Maintain communication with the customer on project status including;
- Preparation & management of schedules and other project related documentation.
- Occasional worldwide travel.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience in managing customer projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and approach to engineering projects.
- Experience in manufacturing and / or industrial automation industry.
- Self-disciplined approach to achieving objectives.
- MS Project and Microsoft Office.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with international customers.
- Sub-contractor selection and management preferred.
- Project management for industrial equipment preferred.
- BEng / MEng Degree qualification preferred.
- HNC / HND with additional experience.
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Lee Walker at Seymour John.