Degree Apprenticeship - Food Engineering
Want a degree without debt?
Want a permanent job now not the hope of one sometime in the future?
Avara Foods Food Engineering Degree Apprenticeship is ideal for those who want to study towards a degree, and work at the same time.
Successful apprentices will graduate from Harper Adams University with a BEng (Hons) Food Engineering degree, and have the skills and experience for a rewarding career in the Food sector.
Food manufacturing is the largest sector in the UK and it needs new talent to help feed the world's rapidly expanding population. Avara Foods have advanced manufacturing facilities and really are 'best in class'. Our passion for growth is clear in the 18,000 hours spent on new product development every year.
After 5 years you will have a degree, 5 years relevant experience, a leadership role and it won't cost you a penny in university fees.
Avara Foods is one of the UK's leading food companies, a joint venture between Cargill and Faccenda. We are a lead supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6,000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable products and delivering great service levels to our customers.
Importantly, you'll have a community around you of like-minded apprentices who are part of the 5 year programme. You'll start your journey together in September and soon have everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Avara Foods.
Currently we have vacancies located in Brackley (near Northampton), Telford and Hereford to start in September 2018.
You will be based at one of our main sites and released on a 1 week block residential per module to study at Harper Adams University, near Telford.
What are the key benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent role from day one along with a competitive starting salary
- Study part-time for your degree through Harper Adams University - whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- A supportive environment, with flexibility for study leave
- Did we mention it's 100% free? We're sponsoring the costs of your degree - You'll get the best of both worlds - with all the benefits of a job with an industry leading company, with being a student at one of the best universities in the UK.*
What's the catch you ask? Well actually there isn't one. You don't need to be a techie, but we do ask that you're as passionate as we are about innovation and technology and how it can be applied in the real world.
• High analytical capability
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
• Passion for technology
• Good team working and communications skills
You will need to be enthusiastic and well-disciplined as our degree apprenticeship is heavily focused on attitude and behaviour. In addition you will need to exhibit initiative, and be reliable and conscientious. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to think logically and to work both independently and as part of a team.
This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. Applicants that do not have the below qualifications may still meet the entry requirements based on their work experience and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
To be eligible, you need:
- 7 GCSE's A-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
- 96 UCAS points at A Level including Maths and a STEM subject
- Food & Drink Maintenance Engineer Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 Maths Unit at Distinction) - BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 Maths Unit at Distinction) - City & Guilds Level 3 Extended diploma
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities.
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Lifestyle benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted shopping vouchers and subsided gym membership
How to apply Click the 'Apply' button below and follow the instructions. It is essential that you complete the application form and state your grades or predicted grades for all relevant qualifications as it is a requirement for the degree apprenticeship.
What happens next?
If your application for a Degree Apprenticeship is short listed, you'll be asked to complete a telephone interview. If you're successful there, the next stage will be a selection day consisting of an interview, site tour and practical exercises. We will keep you updated at every stage of the process.
Avara Foods a Cargill and Faccenda Partnership is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
*Harper Adams University was voted UKs best Modern University 2017 and 2018.