telent Quantity Surveyor, Field Based (1 day a week from home, 1 day a week in Chorley and other 3 days travelling between sites)
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Significant job experience & training.
* Experience of supporting a business contract and providing support to a professional function.
* Professional delivery of sustainable, profitable growth.
* Accountable to the Business Unit Commercial Manager/ Project Commercial Manager for commercial and contractual aspects of a Project.
* To lead a Commercial Function within the project consistent with Business standards and objectives.
* To provide Operations with commercial and contractual advice, determining risks, maximising opportunities.
* To assist Supply Chain in the procurement of supplier's/sub-contractors/consultants.
* Establishment of robust and consistent change control processes on the project to ensure that appropriate changes/variations are identified and agreed with the Employer's Representative.
* Management overview of appropriate risk and opportunity allowances.
* Ensuring compliance with the Integrated Management Systems.
* Development and training of direct reports.
Integrate with Work Winning teams, where required, and assist in the delivery of tenders.
Responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial practices within a project ensuring:
* Timely and accurate applications for payment compliant with the contract, Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 if appropriate.
* Ensure Cash Management is effective.
* Maintaining Risk Management processes and procedures.
* Ensure proper and timely notification of Contract or Insurance events.
* Contractual correspondence.
* Preparing accurate and prudent cost /value analysis.
* Budget preparation.
* Approving Interim and Final account measurement.
* Approving Pricing and Rating variations.
* Obtaining appropriate Extension of Time Management, interim and final account agreement of sub-contracts.
* Good quality and accurate records are kept.
* Drafting Claims (where appropriate) for approval prior to submission.
* Maintenance of cost control systems for demonstration to clients (where required).
* To produce Project Procurement Strategy Documentation.
* To produce Project Value Enhancement Plans.
* To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the effective organisation of everyone within the commercial activity on the project.
* To assist in the provision of a commercial appraisal of a project for external audit purposes.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* Extensive business experience or fully qualified with minimum 2 years PQE qualifications.
* Building relationships.
* Good business awareness.
* Customer focus.
* Dealing with change.
* Delivery through people.
* Planning and organizing.
* Contributing to continuous improvement.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.