Telephone Business Support Advisor - Mortgages
Our Intermediary Development function plays a vital role in supporting the growth of the Society's mortgage portfolio by strengthening and developing our business relationships with external mortgage professionals (Mortgage Brokers). Our function is made up of a number of teams whose shared goal is to provide an exceptional service to our business customers, looking to introduce mortgage lending opportunities to us on behalf of their clients. This includes administrative support, lending policy expertise, relationship management and technical assistance.
As a Business Support Advisor you'll join our successful telephony team, who have established an excellent reputation in the mortgage broker marketplace for their professional service and are regularly recognised as being friendly and knowledgeable. You'll play a key part in assisting our business customers with a range of new business enquiries, on all areas of our Lending Policy. You'll also be responsible for:
- Providing technical assistance to our business customers that need support navigating our intermediary website
- Identifying opportunities to refer mortgage lending cases outside of policy when you recognise a business benefit whilst maintaining a balanced approach to risk
- Liaising with our mortgage underwriting team regarding lending decisions and communicating outcomes to our business customers
- Keeping up to date with product, policy and legislative changes
- Achieving personal work goals and quality measures
- Supporting colleagues in your team by sharing your knowledge
You'll have the ability to articulate information clearly over the phone, build great working relationships with others and have a determination to consistently offer excellent service. In this fast paced industry it's important to keep your knowledge up to date with regular changes, so you'll be able to learn new information and apply it accurately.
In addition, you'll have good attention to detail and be driven to achieve quality standards. You don't need to have existing mortgage experience to be successful, as our fantastic training programme will give you the knowledge and skills required. Experience of working in a customer service environment and working to achieve service or quality targets is essential.