Your new company
My client are a food manufacturing business with an impressive client portfolio and a site based in between Stafford and Telford. They now have a requirement for an experienced HR Coordinator to join their site based HR team with a focus around HR Systems and reporting alongside a generalist HR Support remit.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager, the HR Systems Coordinator will provide support across the various HR functions, operating as a key player within the HR Team and maintaining an open line of communication and support across the Company.
Working within a unionised manufacturing environment where continuous improvement is essential in all areas to support the business needs, the role holder will be expected to ensure the site complies with all statutory and company requirements and that policies and procedures are adhered to.
The role holder will be expected to take the lead on maintaining HR systems and administration processes and, in partnership with the wider HR team, creating and developing these to continually improve HR service delivery.
- HR systems maintenance and administration, including time and attendance and personnel. Supporting and training other system users as required.
- Collation and management of information required to feed into the monthly payroll, dealing with any queries and adjustments. Advising on pay and other remuneration queries.
- Administer and maintain the absence management procedure.
- Weekly and monthly reporting for the site HR related KPI's. Production of ad hoc reports, interrogating HR systems as necessary.
- Maintaining the integrity of data within HR Systems, managing and troubleshooting system errors and problems. Site super user for HR Systems, coordinating upgrades and implementations as needed.
- Keeping headcount and organisational structure records/charts up to date in line with budget requirements.
- Benefits administration, including pensions, life assurance and health care.
- Maintaining HR files both physical and electronic.
- Administration relating to HR Service Related Contracts (e.g. workwear and catering).
- Providing support to HR colleagues as necessary, e.g. with casework hearings, recruitment and orientation/induction processes.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be CIPD Level 3 - 5 or educated to HNC level or equivalent in a related subject i.e. Business Management. You will have demonstrable previous experience of working within a HR support role, ideally within a manufacturing or FMCG environment. You will be Intermediate level or above on Microsoft Excel, comfortable working with pivots, lookups, formulas etc. Experience of maintaining and interrogating HR personnel/payroll/T&A systems Experience of being systems 'super-user' with associated troubleshooting responsibility. Experience of training others to use systems. Experience of preparing reports and of monitoring KPI's and developing KPIs and associated targets.
The successful candidate will have up to date knowledge of employment law and HR best practice with experience of working on HR projects and/or of working successfully to tight deadlines. Experience of benefits administration e.g. pension, private healthcare, salary sacrifice schemes etc and experience of absence management processes, including recording, reporting and trigger management.
You will support with the management of casework.
Experience of recruitment processes, including interviewing and assessment. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels (production operative up to CEO). Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities. Resilient and able to work at pace within a fast-moving and complex environment. Pragmatic, with a 'can-do' and problem-solving approach and the ability to understand and work with 'shades of grey'. Able to confidently and calmly present a case or argument in order to influence or persuade. A role model with a customer-focussed and professional approach, able to demonstrate the utmost confidentiality at all times.
What you'll get in return
My client are offering a salary of cGBP22,000-GBP25,000 dependent on experience plus an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to develop your generalist HR experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.