Assistant Market Underwriter
In the role of Engineering Market underwriter you will provide support and underwriting expertise and services to brokers and customers, which:
- delivers profitable growth
- provides first class service and productivity
- builds business relationships with brokers and customers
- implements company underwriting policy in areas of specialisation
- negotiates in areas of specialisation, within authority limits, and in support of our whole proposition
- grows our business (including cross-selling), and
- meets business objectives and company standards.
- Build relationships with brokers and customers
- Meet agreed performance measures (including high quality and timely data input to systems)
- Ensure delivery of first class service and productivity (including schemes, portfolio transfers, DAAs and MGAs)
- Implement agreed technical standards, controls, practices, procedures
- Implement underwriting policy within areas of specialism
- Negotiates where appropriate across our whole proposition, with support of local managers and senior underwriters
- Handle a range of queries within agreed authority limits, providing information and advice to assist in the development of the account and maintain underwriting standards
- Supports the effective coaching, development and training of assistant underwriters and trainee underwriters
- Act as a source of underwriting knowledge
- Handles team referrals within own authority limits
- Participation in underwriting and schemes audits/reviews.
- Liaise with EDU’s to identify and maximise business opportunities
- Underwrite and negotiate business within authority as appropriate and where directed by line manager
Your skills and experience:
- Intends to progress towards professional qualifications
- At least one years relevant experience
- Clear understanding of basic underwriting principles and practice
- Basic knowledge of the insurance market
Excellent salary depending on experience.
As well as this we are offering a generous flexible benefits package which includes an annual company bonus subject to performance and a 12% pension scheme.
We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.