R&D Principal Engineer - Electrification Cabling Products
R&D SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER - ELECTRIFICATION PRODUCTS - CABLE MANAGEMENT PRODUCTS - TEAM LEADER POSITION- BIRMINGHAM - COMPETITIVE BASIC (DOE) + PENSION 8% + 25 DAYS HOLIDAYS - MAJOR OEM - FANTASTIC CAREER OPPORTUNITY TO GO INTO A FUTURE GLOBAL MANAGEMENT ROLE
My client is a global leader in electrical products and emergency lighting operating in more than 100 countries worldwide, and employing 150,000 people. In the UK they operate from more than 20 locations nationally and employs approximately 3,000 people.
This role is in their cable management division which provide products for a huge range of different industries and applications. This opportunity is for a technically minded individual to join this growing division working directly under the Global R&D Manager as part of a long term succession plan.. The company will offer an extremely comprehensive training package and provide opportunities for worldwide travel.
- Monday- Friday
- Internally based in Coleshill, Birmingham
- Hours of work 08:45 - 4:45 Mondays / 8:30 - 4:45 Tues, Weds and Thurs / 8:30 - 3:45 Fridays
- Technical and scientific proficiency and leadership - preferably coming from a design background the role will require someone who can make decisions where they need to be made. Maintains solid knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies, tools and methods in own area(s) and frequently demonstrates, shares and connects own area of expertise with other disciplines.
- Technology Direction - Supports the business in preparing strategic plans and projects.
- Innovation and creativity - Acts as a leader in customer problem solving. Uses state-of-the-art knowledge in solving problems.
- Projects, processes and tools - Assists in project planning and resource assignment, establishing target dates and priorities within the team. Determines the usage of relevant tools and processes and uses internal/external network to keep track of new developments.
- R&D Context - Maintains current knowledge on competitor technology and products. Proactively seeks to improve operations and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge transfer - Acts as mentor and coaches more junior Engineers to secure knowledge transfer. Regularly writes and reviews papers and publications, presenting and lecturing at internal/external events. Provides advice to colleagues, management and customers on advanced technical topics.
- Degree qualified in a Design discipline
- Leads development of new solutions for complex projects / challenges. Imparts knowledge to other professionals through coaching.
- Ability to make decisions based on instinct
- Good manufacturing knowledge
- Experience in the plastics / Injection Moulding
- Knowledge of Inventor or CREO
- Competitive Basic based on Experience
- 25 days holidays plus stats
- Flexible benefits/training packages
If you are interested in this role or want to speak to us about any further opportunities please apply now in the first instance.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533730