We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Manager opportunity for a global tier 1 automotive manufacturer based at their Birmingham site. The role comes at an exciting time as the business has recently taken significant orders from one of their main OEM clients that has meant they need a Maintenance Manager to help look after both new and existing product lines. The successful candidate will take responsibility for a team of 7 engineers and be tasked with improving OEE on site with specific focus on the automated lines.
Our client is a global manufacturer with arms in a number of industrial manufacturing sectors. The automotive branch of the business, based in the West Midlands, has heavily invested in a newly automated production line which has helped them secure a number of long term agreements with a host of OEMs. They are now looking for a Maintenance Manager to further improve equipment performance and availability, leading a multi-skilled team of seven engineers.
- Provide maintenance for all equipment on site
- Lead and support the maintenance team consisting of 10 engineers and technicians (mechanical and electrical)
- Build upon historic data to identify areas of improvement for PPM schedules and critical spares requirement
- Utilisation of electronic PPM system to delegate and develop work through maintenance scheduling.
- Strategic development of the maintenance function, working closely with the technical manager to provide recommendations as to capital equipment expenditure and machinery refurbishment
- Work on projects for the smooth deliveries of capital equipment installations
- Lead the maintenance department within TS16949 framework and in compliance with ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- Close inter-departmental work with production, quality and engineering.
- Maintenance background within automotive sector (knowledge of working within TS16949 framework)
- Strategic approach to maintenance improvement essential
- Confidence in developing a maintenance department in line with wider business strategy
- Fault finding and repairs of highly automated robotic equipment
- Great management skills with ability to galvanise department and create enjoyable working atmosphere
Salary from £45,000 - £50,000 + package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534044