We are currently accepting applications for the position of Sales Coordinator for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. The Resort has been awarded 'England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and 'Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002. Set within the busy Sales Office, the Sales Coordinator requires a high energy, organised individual who deals with all golf administration. You will work hand in hand with the events and operation team to fulfil the client’s expectations and to ensure the smooth running of all Special Events from start to finish in a courteous and professional manner. The role also demands an individual that is able to work methodically and deliver to expectation in line with providing excellent guest service.
Scope of the Role:
Both exceptional customer service and communication skills are essential for this role, and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver this. The ideal candidate will possess a hunger to produce a high quality of work in a competitive environment that celebrates individual and team success. You must have an excellent telephone manner and possess strong attention to detail when inputting a guests booking onto our in-house booking system.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
• Send & prepare a detailed banquet event sheet to clients, on behalf of the sales team and the hotel.
• Process and chase Golf Membership payments
• Assist with Golf Membership administration
• Support with hosting and organisation of FAM trips
• Send & prepare proposals to clients for the sales team
• Handling credit applications when required
• Chasing deposits for the sales team
• Send & prepare boardroom confirmations for the sales team
• Do chase calls & rebook calls to assist the sales team
• Holiday cover as required
• Draw up contract and sending them to the client for the sales team
• Send countersigned contracts to clients for the sales team
• Process all deposits for the sales team
• Complete booking events orders for any short lead events
• Process all internal bookings for the hotel
• Assist in taking enquiries and covering the phones during busy periods
• Make clients aware of the full terms and conditions of business, including the cancellations policy
• Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and is to the correct standard.
• Recommend the correct external suppliers for marquees, activity companies etc.
• Deal with complaints/problems politely and make every effort to resolve these. If you cannot resolve them refer to your Line Manager but, in any case, advise full details to your Line Manager and Guest Services at the first opportunity.
• Support all members of the team to achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety.
• Carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time
Experience in a Sales office environment, preferably in an administration role.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive Salary & Commission Package
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive we must inform you that if you have not heard from The Belfry Hotel & Resort within 10 working days your application has not been successful