Embedded Software Engineer (Electronics)
Embedded Software engineer role working with an electronics team developing safety critical control systems for emergency building management. We are looking for engineers who understand electronics and are skilled in embedded software development.
Most of your work will be orientated around embedded design for microcontrollers (MSP430 and nRF52) in embedded C, but there will be the opportunity to work in emerging areas such as Smart buildings, IOT, cloud integration and more as well as GUI development in C# and visual studio.
You will be working as part of a research and development team so work can be varied. You will work across the full product cycle, from design through to support and commissioning.
The core skills required for this role are as follows:
- Good understanding of electronics (The role is mostly programming but you will need to be able to read a circuit diagram to interact with the hardware as required)
- Experience working in Embedded Software Design (Ideally bare metal)
- Experience coding in embedded C for microcontrollers (MSP430 and nRF52 are used primarily)
- You will need to be able to write embedded code in a structured and robust way.
Additional desirable skills for this role:
- Knowledge of RTOS would be advantageous
- Knowledge of C# would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Linux would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Bluetooth (nRF52) and/or OpenThread would be advantageous
- Experience working to MISRA C or Other safety critical / robust coding standards such as DO-178B
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960533282