Project Engineer - Cost
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a blue chip, global OEM within Staffordshire with a very strong brand, experiencing continued extensive growth and development, currently going through an exciting time in terms of new products and technology.
As a result of growing global success and increasing demand for their products, they are seeking a Project Engineer (Cost Control) to join their engineering product engineering/development teams on the delivery of a wide range of exciting and challenging machine development programmes.
This is a new project engineering role where the engineer is responsible for controlling the design cost of components and for reviewing component costs and chasing down anomalies to ensure that they are not carried over into production.
The role does not involve responsibility for the project design but it does mean responsibility for the BOM costs of the project.
- Review and control of new project content and design costs
- Co-ordination with other internal functional areas including assembly, manufacturing, purchasing and materials
- Liaising with suppliers to understand how technical specification influences costs.
- Assume responsibility for the costs of new projects and ensuring that those costs are commercially sound.
- Be capable of reviewing components to identify where cost anomalies occur
This role is for an engineer looking for the first step into project management and will suit an engineer with a background in product design who is familiar with the cost and value of components.
The successful candidate should have experience of the design/development of off highway vehicles or other heavy industrial equipment and ideally a Degree / HND in Mechanical Engineering.
Applicants must have both good teamwork and communication skills alongside good working knowledge of CAD/PLM systems (plus supporting engineering software).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534764