Environments/DevOps Engineer / Contract / 6 Months / West Midlands
I am currently recruiting for an Environments/DevOps Engineer to work on a contract basis for a large financial organisation based in the West Midlands.
You will have experience of:
- Strong background of configuring Windows Server based environments for in-flight project testing
- Exposure to an eclectic mix of Microsoft and Linux based technology stacks
- Strong experience working in Application Support & diagnostic skills supporting Microsoft .NET, IIS & SQLServer.
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and coordinate across technical teams to resolution
- Experience in IT Service Management methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software.
- Experience of automated configuration by code tools
- Strong background of configuring automated infrastructure by code tools
- Experience of working in an financial services environment
Daily duties will include:
- Highlighting issues when something isn't working in the environment
- Raising tickets and communicating with the infrastructure team
- Data masking against the database
- Run subsetting scripts and rules against the database
- Configure the database for the environment and deal with any issues raised by the test team
- Modifying configuration when there are issues and notifying the development team
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528825