Applications / Design Engineer
Applications / Design Engineer
My client is a diversified manufacturing company with global production, design and distribution capabilities. The company manufactures life saving products which are in service in more than 100 countries. They are now looking to appoint an experienced Applications Engineer to join their Portables department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Applications Engineer will be required to support new design, and design changes on existing products, through the use of: 3D CAD modelling; draughting and; change notes. To advise on the technical application of portable products globally.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce detailed: 3D CAD models; drawings and technical specifications to a standard that meets or exceeds performance, technical, safety and on budget.
- Support testing of products and concepts either working with the Test and Development engineers or undertaking test work themselves recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Liaise with the development team to ensure that the customer driven improvements are effectively introduced with minimum impact when productionised in line with quality processes.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles, expertise and creativity to produce new application engineered designs on time to meet customer requirements, liaising with sales/ customer service, manufacturing, production engineering, quality and supply chain as necessary to ensure the new designs meet customer requirements, are cost effective and production ready.
- Create and review documentation in order to avoid systematic failures in functional safety, including mechanical drawings, BOM's and specifications.
- Provide wide ranging technical support as required to customers and all areas of the business, including: sales; customer service; manufacturing; supply chain and; quality departments and ensures that this is provided speedily and accurately.
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
To be considered for the Applications Engineer role you will possess the following:
- HNC or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Essential)
- Familiarity with engineering drawings to BS8888 (Essential)
- Ideally 1-3 years post graduate experience in a Manufacturing or Design Environment (Essential)
- Familiarity with 3D modelling and draughting with Solid-Works / Solid-Edge (Essential)
- Computer literate and competent in MS Office suite (Essential)
- Effective understanding of engineering principles and an ability to apply them logically (Essential)
- Practical hands on Mechanical skills (Essential)
- Self-motivated with an ability to work without supervision and to a deadline (Essential)
- Good problem solving ability (Essential)
- Research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills (Essential)
- Knowledge and use of Engineering change notes (Desirable)
- Knowledge of MRP systems (such as interrogating BOM's) (Desirable)
- Tubular and sheet metal fabrication experience (Desirable)
- Experience with machined parts and castings (Desirable)
- An understanding of basic electrical theory (Desirable)
- Casting design experience (Desirable)
- Rotating machinery experience (Desirable)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530499