Technical Support Consultant
Open GI is a leading IT and software development company delivering software solutions to the General Insurance industry. Employing more than 400 people across a number of businesses and locations, Open GI has enjoyed continued growth, traditionally through year-on-year organic growth, but more recently via acquisitions. This has created an enhanced Group of businesses with complementary products that has established Open GI as a market leader.
Based in our offices in Worcester, as the Technical Support Consultant you will be ensuring that the delivery of products, services and software solutions to both internal and external customers are to Open GI’s standards.
- Supporting a team of technical consultants to ensure the successful delivery of contracts to Open GI clients within agreed timescales.
- Being the first point of contact for all support incidents raised with the Technical Consultancy team.
- Assisting with the evaluation of new technologies & solutions (both Open GI and 3rd party).
- Providing RAS / PSG evaluations and recommendations as necessary.
- Acting as a technical point of contact for solution partners where required.
- Assisting with Contract allocation ensuring the correct resource and skill sets are applied.
- Producing & distributing documentation relevant to the role.
- Providing monthly or bespoke reports as required.
- Understanding and supporting Open GI’s key strategic objectives and position in the marketplace.
- Being the contact point for Operational changes for Open GI’s Core System.
- Performing deployment testing of Open GI products and applications.
- Previous support experience within a Technical Sales / IT sales team (field experience is desirable).
- Good customer handling skills.
- Ability to work under pressure handling multiple, varied workloads to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in integration of differing existing network infrastructures to provide cohesive, stable solutions.
- Proven knowledge of Citrix.
- Proven knowledge of Linux and Windows server (2003, 2008(R2) and 2012) platforms.
- Good knowledge of Virtualisation and knowledge of Windows Clients (XP, Vista, 7 and 8).
- Knowledge of SQL databases (Microsoft / MySQL).
- Knowledge of network principles and exchange.
Please note you may be required to be available for out of hours work on a pre-arranged basis.
- Competitive salary of £30,000 - £33,000 per annum (based on skills and experience).
- Company pension.
- Life assurance and critical illness cover.
- Free parking.
- Perkbox – An exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits.
- Onsite restaurant (including Starbucks coffee).
- Bike loan.
If the above is of interest, please visit our website ******************************-us/work-with-us/ for more information about Open GI, the roles and how to apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535084