Breedon Group plc is the largest independent construction materials group in the UK. They operate the country's largest cement plant, two cement import terminals, around 60 quarries, 26 asphalt plants, 200 ready-mixed concrete & mortar plants and three concrete block plants, employing around 2,300 people nationwide.
Breedon Group is currently seeking a Distribution Coordinator based at Leaton Quarry in Telford, Shropshire. Working within a team in a fast-paced environment you will be responsible for the receipt, accurate inputting, scheduling and monitoring of customers' orders. You must be able to meet customers' requirements whilst keeping them informed and maximising our commercial opportunities. Effective communication between both internal and external stakeholders is paramount.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Telephone and email contact to and from customers.
- An adept and timely response to customers' enquiries, queries and complaints in an efficient manner.
- Proactively plan and track orders to completion.
- Schedule and reschedule orders whilst utilising haulage fleet effectively.
- Compile and maintain accurate records as required.
- Communicate effective between commercial, production and haulage partners.
- Proactively manage old age debt recovery.
- An ability and desire to adapt cross-functionally as and when required.
- Identify and contribute to managing your own personal development.
- Full compliance with Competition Act 1998
Good verbal skills are essential and previous experience in the concrete and aggregate product markets is desirable, along with a familiarity with the local geography.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528518