Nelson Engineering Solutions are currently looking a multi skilled maintenance engineer to work for a large business based in the Staffordshire area.
ROLE: Maintenance Engineer
LOCATION: Commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, Cannock and Birmingham
SHIFTS: 4 on, 4 off DAYS only
The role is responsible for all day to day engineering and maintenance activities, ensuring work is conducted to a high standard whilst maximising machine efficiencies, fault diagnosis of equipment and processes from identifying problems to implementation of a solution. To support the daily operations of the engineering department through the maintenance of services and assigned long-term preventative maintenance programs (TPM) and projects.
- Conduct repairs and maintenance of all machinery on site including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic to a high standard.
- Carry out modifications to machine controls and documents; update drawings as required.
- Undertake reactive and preventative maintenance on all plant equipment and machinery in line with the TPM plan.
- Contribute and actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Carry out offline repairs to spare parts to ensure availability for continued production.
- Assist with stock control of parts and materials.
- Ensure all Company procedures are followed as necessary.
- Ensure housekeeping is to the correct quality standard through use of the housekeeping assessment system in line with cells of excellence.
- Electrical installation experience [working to 17th edition an advantage] with some working knowledge of PLCs and HMI control systems.
- Ability to work with electrical engineering drawings.
- A strong electrical background preferably with a recognised City & Guilds, ONC or NVQ certificate in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical maintenance.
- A working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
To apply for the role please follow the onscreen insructions
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529847