International Installation Engineer (Medical Systems)
International Installation Engineer
Medical Devices; Oncology and Radiotherapy Systems
£48K - £50K + Bonus + excellent package including contributory pension scheme and full and comprehensive industry recognised training.
**An excellent opportunity for an Installation or Service Engineer with a background in complex high value capital equipment to train on a wide range of medical equipment, joining a market leading supplier of sophisticated radiotherapy and oncology medical systems**
Home Based from anywhere in the United Kingdom with 75% Overseas travel, mainly to European destinations and including the Middle East and Africa
Applications welcome from Service & Installation Engineers with the following backgrounds:
1: Ex Forces (Radar, Weapons Systems, general Electronic Equipment)
2: Medical, Scientific or Laboratory Equipment
3: Printing Press, Semi-Conductor, Commercial and Industrial Imaging Systems
4: Any other form of High Value Electronic Capital Equipment
The Company - International Installation Engineer, Medical Systems
My client is a worldwide supplier of sophisticated medical oncology, radiotherapy systems, healthcare informatics and oncology software solutions; a prominent provider of equipment to diagnose and fight cancer. This instantly recognisable market leader is well known for their innovative products and solutions, and provides a complete portfolio of integrated solutions for the healthcare sector. They have global representation, and offer 'best in class" solutions across their highly sophisticated product range.
The Role - International Installation Engineer, Medical Systems
The Installation Engineer is responsible for the installation and upgrading of sophisticated medical systems at client sites in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa), All work is assigned to the engineer by the Installation Team Leader according to the project schedule set by the Project Delivery Team. Once on site, you will be expected to manage and coordinate all activities associated with the particular project including liaison and negotiation with the local engineers, distributor management and Project Manager, hospital physicists and technicians, site contractors and relevant internal departments.
Full responsibilities include:
- Install without supervision, all systems within the product portfolio to the required specification and quality within the project time-scales.
- Knowledge and proven skills in electronics, mechanics, PCs and servers, networking, high vacuum, high/low voltage & current, diagnostic equipment and a general knowledge of all engineering disciplines.
- Locate a fault & repair at board level and below.
- Operate at all times in accordance with the quality system and complete the administration requirements of the role in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to manage own workload, be highly motivated, dynamic, have good leadership skills and be a good problem solver.
Your Background - International Installation Engineer, Medical Systems
- Candidates must be competent in verbal and written English language (Other Languages will be useful) as a minimum and have excellent communication skills
- Minimum HNC (or equivalent) in a related engineering discipline or relevant work experience
- Experience of installing or servicing complicated capital equipment Engineering skills: mechanical, electrical, electronic fault finding, plumbing, vacuum, radiation Competent with relevant IT technology including Windows OS, MS Office Applications, networking and Control applications.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) up to 75%
Benefits - International Installation Engineer, Medical Systems
In return, the successful applicant will benefit from excellent industry recognised product training, recognised by the industry, which will run on an ongoing basis as new products are introduced. A generous remuneration package is also guaranteed, including competitive salary (one of the best within the medical device sector), and benefits including excellent contributory pension and private medical cover, as well as the opportunity to progress your career within a market leading organisation known for providing market leading products.
This vacancy is being advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited. The services advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited are those of an employment agency and / or employment business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535883