Overhead Crane/ Forklift Truck Operative
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced FLT/ Material Handler is required for a multi national steel manufacturing company, based in the Rowley Regis area. Position is a temporary to permanent. The role will involve operating Overhead Cranes weighting up to 20 tons and Forklift Trucks weighting up to a maximum of 7 ton to move palletised steel blanks. Rotating shifts working 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am. Paying £9.37 on the days/ afternoons and £10.82 on the nights.
The company are a leading manufacturer of steel products to the automotive industry and are part of a global group within the steel industry.
Full duties and responsibilities include: -
- Operating Overhead Cranes with various, sling, hook and pendent attachments
- Operating Gas/ Diesel Forklift Trucks weighting between 3-7 ton to move palletised Steel Blanks in preparation for production lines and dispatch
- Banding Steel Blanks with the use of an hand held Banding Tensioner
- General Warehouse duties as instructed by the management
- Quality Inspection of Steel Blanks
Desired Skills Required:-
- Must have experience operating Overhead Cranes within either a steel processing or construction environment
- Must have experience operating Fork Lift Trucks either counterbalance or reach within a manufacturing environment
- Desired experience of Banding steel and palletising steel items
- Worked within a Steel environment or similar industry
Salary: - Paying £9.37 on days/ afternoons and £10.82 on the nights
If you have the necessary experience for the Material Handling role please DO NOT hesitate to apply NOW!! If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Noel Bailey at ASC Connections by emailing *******************************, alternatively you can contact me on **************
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528440